Wiki's are collaborative websites where you can work together to gather information. You can easily edit a wiki, and you can easily change a wiki page back if someone makes a mistake.
There are many wiki's on the internet. Wikipedia is the most famous, but many other wiki's exist. If you are a fan of Star Wars, there is Wookiepedia. If you are a fan of Star Trek, there is Memory Alpha and Memory Beta.
- Open the discussion section.
- Click on 'Edit this page' and look at how the page is put together.
- Click on 'History' and look at the way others wrote on this topic.
- Click on 'Discussion' to see what people are talking about
Advanced: Do the Easy exercise. Go to TiddlyWiki and download this simple wiki. Try out some of the markup you saw in the 'Edit this Page' section on Wikipedia.
- Write about one section of the Wikipedia article .
- What were people talking about in the discussion section?
- What changes had been made to the page recently?
- Write about how links, bold and italics are made in a wiki from looking at the 'Edit This Page' section.
- Take a look at the Help Table. Write about how Wiki markup is different from HTML.